PanScan FLOW Overview
PanScan FLOW-LT provides a convenient means for researchers to move easily across specific temperature regimes while maintaining a reasonable cryogen budget. It’s efficient, very low noise flow cryostat is ready for LN2 and LHe whenever desired.
Low-cost LN2 provides ~82 K uniformly chilled tips and samples. This is ideal when LT stability is essential but LHe is not essential. LN2 is also useful when pre-testing LT experiment set-ups to ensure success before LHe is committed.
When LHe is crucial to research, the same PanScan Flow cryostat can be used for the coldest, quietest conditions at ~12 K chilled tip/sample.
PanScan FLOW is equipped with many of the same highly effective features as the ground-breaking Closed-Cycle Pan Freedom LT. These include highly effective eddy-current damped spring suspension; 4 ports for in-situ LT deposition; ability to change both tip and sample in 30 seconds; and UHV storage racks for a convenient tip and sample treatment and instant availability. And of course, PanScan FLOW provides the same rock-solid stability and proven results as Freedom.
PanScan FLOW Specifics
- LT-FLOW: STM and AFM-qPlus, switchable in UHV
- Chilled Tip & Sample: ~12 K (LHe); 82 K (LN2) to 400 K
- Atomic resolution
- XY Drift = 1 Å per hour, guaranteed / Z Drift =1 Å per day, guaranteed
- XY drift as low as 0.2Å/hour achievable / Z drift as low as 0.2Å/day achievable
- In-Vacuum Tip or Sample Exchange
- Change probes / sample without disturbing the other
- Coarse positioning XYZ: 4mm x 4mm x 8mm
- Scan range: 5µ x 5 µ XY at RT
- Sample size: 10mm x 10mm (standard), uses typical flat plate sample holder
- Able to retract tip and re-approach in same area with high accuracy