PanScan Freedom Overview
What if… you could have an ultra-low noise LT (7 K chilled tip/sample) STM- AFM/qPlus System in your lab that never needs liquid cryogens –even running 24 hours a day producing atomic resolution images and lengthy, sophisticated STS data?
That would mean your research is Cryogen cost-free, Interruption-free, and Hassle-free. You’d never waste time trying to source LHe or waste money paying upward-spiraling prices. No more interrupted or delayed experiments waiting for cryogen supplies. The hassles and real risks of handling and changing dewars would disappear. You’d spend more time on research. Achieve better results faster.
RHK’s PanScan Freedom delivers all that and more. All the advantages of LT. None of the constraints. Proven atomic resolution 7 K – 400 K. Peer-reviewed published results. XY drift achievable as low as 0.2Å/hour, and Z drift as low as 0.2Å/day. Dedicated STM/STS and also qPlus-AFM. No special Lab set-up or ceiling heights. Straightforward design, easy to operate.
Meet RHK’s award-winning PanScan Freedom, the world’s first closed-cycle cryogen-free system for stable low temperature performance in a surprisingly compact, simple, and affordable package. PanScan Freedom enables you to explore tomorrow’s materials and make discoveries that will keep your laboratory first in science.
Freedom has proven atomic resolution results on materials from crystalline metals to carbon nanotubes, plus world-class low-noise, low-drift STS, without consuming a drop of LHe.
Not just remarkable…revolutionary
Only from RHK
PanScan Freedom Specifics
- LT STM and AFM
- Chilled Tip & Sample at uniform temperature
- mK & High Magnetic Field Compatible
- Eliminates the need for expensive cryogens
- Maintains temperature indefinitely
- Never run out of liquid He during an experiment again!
- Stable low temperature imaging for everyone
- Atomic resolution 15-400 K
- Optional 9-400 K version
- XY drift as low as 0.2Å/hour
- Z drift as low as 0.2Å/day
- Superb STS
- Integral X-Y Offsets
- In-Vacuum Tip Exchange
- STM and optional AFM-qPlus, switchable in vacuum
- Sample size: 10mm x 10mm (standard), uses typical flat plate sample holder
- Imaging from LT to 400K
- Able to retract tip and re-approach in same area with high accuracy
- Non-magnetic construction appropriate for high-Tesla environments
- Coarse positioning XYZ: 5mm x 5mm x 8mm
- Scan range: 6 μm x 6 μm XY at RT
- Change probes without removing sample
- Optional improved optical access for <4µm resolution
- Precise positioning of the probe onto a specific area of the sample with a precision of better than 2 microns
- Light and lens can be adjusted to provide optimum contrast for low contrast samples such as graphene
- Capability available on up to three separate chamber ports