Beetle Ambient STM/AFM Overview
At the intersection of performance and affordability for benchtop, glovebox, or ultimately moving to HV or UHV, Beetle Ambient Systems are a perfect beginning. RHK’s ATM (Atmospheric) Beetles provide a unique instrument solution for researchers. The Beetle ATM series offers users a true state-of-the-art SPM instrument that is completely UHV compatible. No other instrument provides this level of functionality with unlimited upgradeability.
- Dedicated STM or Beam-Deflection-AFM/STM models available for Beetle Ambient Systems
- Beetle Scanner Design – Unmatched thermal stability. Scan the same area of a sample repeatedly without drifting
- R9plus Controller – The world’s standard in control flexibility and performance
- Convenient Lexan and frame enclosure for easy bench top or air table use.
- Open Design – Optical access to tip/sample interface
- UHV materials and construction
Request A Quote
Beetle Ambient STM/AFM Specifics
- Inherent Mechanical and Thermal Stability due to small mechanical and thermal loop, inherently stiff and compact Beetle design, and symmetrical geometry.
- Easy day-to-day use without frustration of others’ more complex and less intuitive approach
- Uncompromised AFM (Beam Deflection) and STM Performance
- Beetle-Design Scan Head: Inherently Stiff, Mechanically and Thermally Stable
- Highly Evolved R9plus SPM Control System
- Coarse XY positioning at least 5 mm x 5 mm
- Scan range of at least 5 micron x 5 micron XY
- Minimum resolution of 0.5Å (X, Y) and 0.1Å (Z).
- Thermal drift <1 Å/min
- Sample size 10mm diameter
- Direct upgrade path from ambient Kits to Hi-Vac or UHV complete systems
Request A Quote